InStep Activewear will be re-opening its retail locations in Milton and Oakville gradually and safely starting Tuesday June 16, 2020
Although we are excited to welcome customers back into our retail stores, there has been much thought and planning before making this next step. The new shopping experience will be different and our usual hands-on service has to take a more verbal approach. We will continue to provide guidance and advice to our customers but in a more "hands-off" kind of way.
Here's the NEW Shopping Experience
1. There will be a maximum number 6 people allowed in the store, including employees, at one time. We ask that you limit your visit to include the dancer(s) plus one parent or guardian.If at all possible siblings and other family members should stay at home or in the car with another guardian.
2. There will be hand sanitizer available for customers at the front door to use when you arrive and when you leave. If you prefer to wash your hands, our washrooms will be open for hand washing only, and will be disinfected between each visit. Masks will also be encouraged while in-store.
3. There will be signs posted around the store reminding you to stay 2m/6ft apart from others, to use our hand sanitizer and/or hand washing station during your visit, to avoid touching too many items or surfaces if at all possible. If we can help you "browse" our selection of dancewear, we will be more than happy to!
4. High-touch areas and our POS and cash desks will be sanitized regularly throughout the day or between each use. Extra care will be taken to clean and disinfect the store each night after we close.
5. Change rooms will be reduced to one, with a new hard-surface door installed. This allows proper cleaning and disinfecting between use. Whenever possible, we are asking customers to purchase and take home items to try on. Purchased items can be returned according to our Regular Return/Exchange Policy but will be isolated for a period of 48 hours before being put back on the sales floor.
6. Shoe Fittings will be contactless at the moment. BYOT please bring your own tights/socks if possible! We will assess the dancer's foot from a distance and offer shoes one at a time to try on. Any shoes tried on but not purchased will be sanitized and isolated for a minimum of 48 hours before being able to offer it to another customer.
7. Dancewear purchased to try on at home will be isolated for a minimum of 48 hours once returned, before re-stocking for sale to another customer.
8. All employees of InStep Activewear Inc. will wear masks and gloves while working in the store. We now require our customers to wear masks when visiting our stores.
9. We will have hand sanitizer available to customers at the front door. We will have markings on the floor showing 2m/6ft physical distancing guides. We will have plexiglass barriers installed at the cash desk. We will have masks and gloves available for our employees. We will limit the number of people in the stores to 6 maximum (including staff members). Additional customers will be asked to wait outside until a staff member welcomes them in. We will have signs posted around the store to remind customers and employees to physically distance themselves by 2m/6ft and wash their hands thoroughly and often.
10. Reduced hours of operation to allow nightly cleaning and a gradual re-opening:
Milton - Tuesdays and Thursdays 11am to 3pm
Oakville - Wednesdays and Fridays 11am to 3pm
Saturdays - Coming soon!
11. Showing signs of COVID-19 (such as shortness of breath, fever, cough, etc.)? Stay home! Shop online!